St Columba’s School, Bayswater, established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1936, is a co-educational Catholic primary school that follows the guidelines and policies set down by the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia. St Columba’s a double stream school enrolling boys and girls from 3 Year Old Pre-Kindy to Year 6.
The Enrolment Policy of St Columba’s is based on the Catholic Education Commission principle of striving to make Catholic schooling available to children whose parents wish for them to be educated in an environment which has the Gospel, including its values, and a Catholic ethos as its basis.
Procedure for application
- Application forms must be submitted for all children seeking enrolment in St Columba’s School. These forms are available from the school office or the school website. The Enrolment Application form must be signed by both parents/guardians.
- A copy of each child’s Baptismal Certificate, Birth Certificate and Immunisation details must be attached to the application form when it is submitted.
- A copy of Visa documents when applicable.
- For students to be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten they must turn three (3) before commencement. Applicants will be invited to attend an interview usually mid-March / April of the year preceding enrolment.
- Kindergarten is the initial enrolling year for the school.
- For students to be eligible for Kindergarten they must turn four (4) before 30 June.
- It is understood that enrolment in Kindergarten guarantees enrolment for Pre-Primary to Year Six.
- Applicants (Kindergarten only) will be invited to attend an interview usually mid-March / April of the year preceding enrolment.
- In the event that an applicant is advised they will be placed on a waitlist, their position on the list will be maintained for 12 months. Written notification needs to be submitted annually in order to maintain the status of the application.
- The Application Fee of $55 (inc GST) is non-refundable and is no guarantee that the student will be enrolled at St Columba’s School, Bayswater.
- Interviews are required for all children prior to confirmation of enrolment at St Columba’s.
- Parents will be notified of interview times by letter or phone.
- We invite the student being enrolled into the school to attend the interview.
- Letter from the Principal offering placement asking families to accept or reject the offer.
- Parents/Caregivers are required to complete and sign the Saint Columba’s School Enrolment Agreement.
- A $300 deposit will need to be paid to secure the position offered of which $200 will be deducted from the child’s fees the following term. This deposit is non-refundable should an application be withdrawn.
When enrolling students consideration is given to the following in priority:
- Catholic students from the Bayswater Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Catholic students from outside the Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Other Catholic students.
- Siblings of non-Catholic students.
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations.
- Other Non-Catholic students.
The Principal, in conjunction with the Parish Priest, has discretion for the enrolment of special cases.
No enrolment application is refused on the basis of financial hardship.
Parents are advised that enrolment at St Columba’s School does not guarantee automatic entry to Catholic Secondary Schools.
Completion of a St Columba’s Enrolment Form and acceptance of the application by the school does not guarantee a place at the school, nor does it guarantee an enrolment interview. Enrolment at St Columba’s School is not a guarantee of enrolment in any other Catholic school. If a parent or guardian has knowingly withheld information relevant to the application/enrolment process, then the Principal reserves the right to refuse or terminate enrolment on that ground. Please refer to the “AGREEMENT” section of the St Columba’s School Enrolment Form, which must be accepted and signed.
For enrolment applications please download the following forms:
View the School fees 2019.